Translation guide for interpreters
This guide is intended only to the people who support us in the translation of Moto Scan app into other languages.
- To obtain the required files for translation, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You get from us the following files:
- MotoScanTranslator.exe – the translation tool. The program helps you, the texts very easy to translate using Google Translator from German into your language.
- lang_Main.xml – the file with the original texts in German.
- lang_XX.xml – the dectination file for translated texts. XX = language code e.g. EN for English or IT for Italian language.
- The files are compressed as ZIP file.
- Create a new folder on your hard drive.
- Extract the files from the ZIP file into this new folder.
- Start the MotoScanTranslator.exe file.
- Go to “File -> Open” and firs select the “lang_Main.xml” file and then the “lang_XX.xml” file.
- Top right selected languages. “From: German” and “To: your language”
- The white lines have already been translated. The red must be translated.
- Click on a red line. Then click with the right mouse button and choose: “Translate via Google”. The text will be translated. In the window below you can customize the text if the translation is not entirely correct.
- Save the file “File -> Save” to save the translated texts to the file.
After translation send us the “lang_XX.xml” file back. We will implement the translated texts in the app.